FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield last week:
- Aquila Walters-Dunn, 39, of Bridgeport was arrested at the Fairfield Metro train station after smashing a motorcycle helmet and hitting another woman during an argument with her husband, police said.
- Fairfield police arrested Carla Soto, 28, of Bridgeport and charged her with breach of peace and third-degree assault after she engaged in a physical fight with the wait staff at Ambrose Diner in Fairfield, police said.
- Brian Meindl, a 20-year-old Fairfield resident, was arrested and charged with assaulting and strangling his 18-year-old girlfriend Melissa Barney of Easton during a fight in a park, police said.
- Arthur Deandrade-Leao, a 23-year-old Bridgeport resident, was spotted riding a motorcycle without a license plate in Fairfield, police said. He sped away from Fairfield police officers and was found dead after a crash in Bridgeport.
- Rhonda Loft of Fairfield and a team of her friends joined 2,300 other runners in the annual Runyon 5K at Yankee Stadium, an event she takes part in to honor her mother, who died of cancer.
- A 16-year-old Greenwich girl was killed after she became entangled in a boat propeller while water-tubing with three friends in the waters of Long Island Sound.
- 1 Police: Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Fairfield Man Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 3 Woman Killed By Amtrak Train In Milford
- 4 Police: No Suspects In Bomb Threat Made At Seagrape, Inn At Fairfield Beach
- 5 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire