FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Alice Barbara Lyon of Fairfield died Sunday, Aug. 17. She was 94.
Lyon was born in Seleucia, Syria, to Henry and Mary Midney, and had been a Fairfield resident for the last 57 years. She attended Booth and Baylis Business School and was employed as a secretary for many years at General Electric and also worked for other local businesses. She was a member of Black Rock Congregational Church for the last 48 years where she was a Bible teacher. She also taught Bible class at the Carolton Convalescent Hospital and out of her home.
Lyon is survived by her husband, Francis; children, Mark H. Lyon of San Francisco, Calif., David F. Lyon of New York City and Daniel Lyon (Beverly) of Ridgefield; brother, John Midney; sister, Antonette Wedge; two grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; brother, Nicholas Midney; and sister, Jenny Kalakay.
There are no calling hours. A service celebrating her life will be held Thursday, Aug. 21 at 10 a.m. in the Gathering Room at Black Rock Congregational Church, Fairfield. Interment will be in Oak Lawn Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Missions Fund at Black Rock Congregational Church, 3685 Black Rock Turnpike, Fairfield, CT06825.
For more information, please visit: www.spearfuneralhome.com/
- 1 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Fairfield Man Arrested After Strangling Girlfriend While She Was Driving
- 4 Fairfield's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Fairfield Must Prepare