FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Alice M. Stearns Gorel of Fairfield died Thursday, June 19. She was 77.
Gorel was born Oct. 22, 1936, in Bridgeport, the daughter of Luther and Josephine Borowsky Stearns. She was a Fairfield town resident for most of her life.
She worked as a special education aide for the Fairfield Board of Education and more recently worked for Town Attorney Roy H. Ervin until her retirement. She was a longtime member of Holy Family Church and belonged to the Ladies Guild and Council of Catholic Women. A volunteer for many years as area coordinator for the Connecticut Chapter of Special Olympics, a Cub Scout den mother, Girl Scout Leader and Gold Award Committee member for Girl Scouts as well as a CCD teacher at Holy Family School. She was also a member of AARP and the Bessemer Senior Center.
Gorel is survived by her daughter, Rita "Mariah" Lee of Texas; son, Carl S. Gorel (Lisa) of Wisconsin; three grandchildren; a foster grandson; sister, Edna Jordano; and nieces, nephews, great-nieces, great-nephews and cousins. She was predeceased by her parents; foster grandson, Barry Malone; sister, Lee Nacovitch; and brother, Luther "Whitey" Stearns.
Funeral services will be held Wednesday, June 25, at 11 a.m. directly at Holy Family Church, 700 Old Stratfield Road, Fairfield.
For more information, visit www.leskopolkefuneralhome.com/
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Police Track Down Suspect After Southport Residents Interrupt Home Burglary
- 3 Fairfield Appoints Committee To Investigate Election Day Mishaps
- 4 Fairfield Man Sentenced 18 Months In Prison For Tax Evasion
- 5 Fairfield Police Charge Bridgeport Man With Stealing From Grandparents