FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Angelina Costa Balamaci of Fairfield died Tuesday, March 12. She was 86.
Balamaci was born Aug. 29, 1926. Prior to raising a family, she had a career in dance as a Roxiette of the Roxy Theater of New York and had also taught dance to children. In her later years, she was able to continue dancing as a member of a local group, the Black Rock Tappettes.
Balamaci is survived by daughters Susan Balamaci of New York and Nancy Fisher (Bill) of Trumbull; two granddaughters; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by husband, Epaminondas ( Pete ) Balamaci.
Calling hours will be Thursday from 4 to 8 p.m. in the Lesko & Polke Funeral Home, 1209 Post Rd., Fairfield Center. The Trisagion Service will be held at 6:30 p.m. Funeral services will be held Friday at 11:30 a.m. directly at St. Dimitrie Romanian Orthodox Church, 504 Sport Hill Rd., Easton with burial to follow in Lakeview Cemetery, Bridgeport.
- 1 Fairfield Police: Burglars Took Jewelry From Round Hill Road Home
- 2 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 3 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 4 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 5 Fairfield Appoints Committee To Investigate Election Day Mishaps