FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Angelina Costa Balamaci of Fairfield died Tuesday, March 12. She was 86.
Balamaci was born Aug. 29, 1926. Prior to raising a family, she had a career in dance as a Roxiette of the Roxy Theater of New York and had also taught dance to children. In her later years, she was able to continue dancing as a member of a local group, the Black Rock Tappettes.
Balamaci is survived by daughters Susan Balamaci of New York and Nancy Fisher (Bill) of Trumbull; two granddaughters; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by husband, Epaminondas ( Pete ) Balamaci.
Calling hours will be Thursday from 4 to 8 p.m. in the Lesko & Polke Funeral Home, 1209 Post Rd., Fairfield Center. The Trisagion Service will be held at 6:30 p.m. Funeral services will be held Friday at 11:30 a.m. directly at St. Dimitrie Romanian Orthodox Church, 504 Sport Hill Rd., Easton with burial to follow in Lakeview Cemetery, Bridgeport.
- 1 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Judge Orders Sex Assault Trial For Ex-Fairfield Teacher
- 5 Big Crowds Turn Out For Fairfield's Memorial Day Parade