HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - Ann E. Gniadek of Huntsville, formerly of Southport and Fairfield, died Jan. 20. She was 99.
Gniadek was born Dec. 6, 1914, in West Rutland, Vt., the daughter of John and Alice Polit Sutkoski. Before moving to Huntsville, she resided in the Southport/Fairfield, communities for more than 70 years. She was one of the original members and a parishioner of St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church.
Gniadek is survived by her sons, Edward (Karla) of Huntsville and Donald of Myrtle Beach, S.C.; five grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; brother, Henry (Red) Sutkoski of West Rutland; and numerous nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, Edward G. Gniadek.
Calling hours are Jan. 26 from 4 to 5 p.m. at Fairfield Funeral Home, 36 S. Pine Creek Road. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Jan. 27 at St. Anthony of Padua Church, 149 S. Pine Creek Road, Fairfield, with burial to follow at Oak Lawn Cemetery. A memorial Mass will be celebrated at the Church of the Good Shepherd Catholic Church in Huntsville on a date to be announced.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to St. Anthony of Padua Church, 149 S. Pine Creek Road, Fairfield, CT or the charity of your choice.
- 1 Fairfield Business Falls Victim To UI Scam; Police Expecting Similar Crimes
- 2 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 4 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 5 3 Men Plead Guilty To Kidnapping, Jewelry Store Robbery In Fairfield