HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - Ann E. Gniadek of Huntsville, formerly of Southport and Fairfield, died Jan. 20. She was 99.
Gniadek was born Dec. 6, 1914, in West Rutland, Vt., the daughter of John and Alice Polit Sutkoski. Before moving to Huntsville, she resided in the Southport/Fairfield, communities for more than 70 years. She was one of the original members and a parishioner of St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church.
Gniadek is survived by her sons, Edward (Karla) of Huntsville and Donald of Myrtle Beach, S.C.; five grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; brother, Henry (Red) Sutkoski of West Rutland; and numerous nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, Edward G. Gniadek.
Calling hours are Jan. 26 from 4 to 5 p.m. at Fairfield Funeral Home, 36 S. Pine Creek Road. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Jan. 27 at St. Anthony of Padua Church, 149 S. Pine Creek Road, Fairfield, with burial to follow at Oak Lawn Cemetery. A memorial Mass will be celebrated at the Church of the Good Shepherd Catholic Church in Huntsville on a date to be announced.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to St. Anthony of Padua Church, 149 S. Pine Creek Road, Fairfield, CT or the charity of your choice.
- 1 Hwang, Fawcett Clash On Same-Sex Marriage At Fairfield Debate
- 2 Power Outages Restored In Fairfield After Storm
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Fairfield Police Charge Norwalk Man With Trashing His Kids' Home
- 5 Fairfield Urges Residents To Be Prepared, Sign Up With CodeRED