FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Ann Draskovics Piretti of Fairfield died Saturday, Jan. 11. She was 97.
Piretti was born July 31, 1916, and raised in Bridgeport. She was a Fairfield resident for most of her life. She was a member of St. Emery's Parish serving as president of the Ladies Guild. Ann was a member of the Sunshine Club and was the parish representative to the Diocese Council of Catholic Women. In recent years, she was also a member of Holy Cross Church. She was also a lifelong member of the Miraculous Medal Association.
Piretti is survived by her children, Robert (Mary) of New Jersey, Kathleen Allen (Peter) of Fairfield and Patricia Ostroske of Michigan; seven grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; sister, Theresa Feranec. She was predeceased by her husband, Silvio (Steve) Piretti; son, Andrew of Richmond, Va.; and sisters, Rose Marzulla, Grace Mendillo and Mary Horvath.
Calling hours are Tuesday, from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Spear Miller Funeral Home, located at 39 South Benson Road, Fairfield. Funeral services will take place Wednesday, Jan. 15 at 10:30 a.m. directly at Holy Cross Church located at 750 Tahmore Drive, Fairfield for a Mass of Christian Burial. Interment will follow at Lawncroft Cemetery, Fairfield.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Holy Cross Church in Piretti's memory.
- 1 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Girls Hurt In Fairfield Tubing Accident Moved To Yale-New Haven Hospital
- 4 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 5 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods