FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Arlene Stanley of Fairfield died Wednesday, Aug. 20. She was 76.
Stanley was born in Camden, N.J., to Arthur and Ann (Walsh) Stanley. She was a longtime area resident. She conducted research for the U.S. Foreign Service in Paris and Saudi Arabia prior to accepting a job in the medical records dept. for the Carolton Convelescent Hospital in Fairfield.
Stanley is survived by her brothers, Arthur M. Stanley (Suzie) of Tigard, Ore., and Michael J. Stanley (Joanne) of Newtown; aunts, Dottie Fitzgerald and Theresa Weldon both of New York; and a nephew. She was predeceased by her parents.
Calling hours are Monday, Aug. 25 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Shaughnessey Banks Funeral Home, 50 Reef Road in Fairfield Center. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Tuesday, August 26 at St. Pius X Church in Fairfield. Interment will follow in Oak Lawn Cemetery.
- 1 Police: Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Fairfield Man Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 3 Woman Killed By Amtrak Train In Milford
- 4 Police: No Suspects In Bomb Threat Made At Seagrape, Inn At Fairfield Beach
- 5 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire