BRADENTON, Fla. - Arthur Greenstein of Bradenton, formerly of Fairfield, died Friday, June 20. He was 90.
Greenstein was born Nov. 13, 1923, in Yorkville. N.Y., to Rose (Reich) Greenstein and Benjamin Greenstein. They emigrated from Europe to the U.S. in the 1920's. He was a medic in World War II and hoped to become a dentist after the war, but his father died in 1947 and he ended up running the family business. After his marriage he lived with his wife in Bridgeport and Fairfield. He moved to Boca Raton in the 1980's.
Greenstein is survived by his sister, Sylvia Breiner; sons, Barry (Giovanna) and Mark (Donna); two granddaughters; and many relatives in New York, New Jersey, California, and New Mexico. He was predeceased by his wife, Rhoda; sister, Lillian; and brother, Bob.
Burial will be Friday, June 27 at Loyalty Lodge Cemetery in Fairfield near his wife Rhoda. The service will be at 11:30 a.m. at 172 Burroughs Road in Fairfield.
- 1 Police Charge Fairfield Man With Interfering With Officer, DUI After Crash
- 2 Fairfield Business Falls Victim To UI Scam; Police Expecting Similar Crimes
- 3 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 5 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal