BRADENTON, Fla. - Arthur Greenstein of Bradenton, formerly of Fairfield, died Friday, June 20. He was 90.
Greenstein was born Nov. 13, 1923, in Yorkville. N.Y., to Rose (Reich) Greenstein and Benjamin Greenstein. They emigrated from Europe to the U.S. in the 1920's. He was a medic in World War II and hoped to become a dentist after the war, but his father died in 1947 and he ended up running the family business. After his marriage he lived with his wife in Bridgeport and Fairfield. He moved to Boca Raton in the 1980's.
Greenstein is survived by his sister, Sylvia Breiner; sons, Barry (Giovanna) and Mark (Donna); two granddaughters; and many relatives in New York, New Jersey, California, and New Mexico. He was predeceased by his wife, Rhoda; sister, Lillian; and brother, Bob.
Burial will be Friday, June 27 at Loyalty Lodge Cemetery in Fairfield near his wife Rhoda. The service will be at 11:30 a.m. at 172 Burroughs Road in Fairfield.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Gas Line Ruptured, Homes Evacuated On Fairfield Beach Road
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Fairfield Liquor Store Robbed At Gunpoint For Second Time In A Month
- 5 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400