BRADENTON, Fla. - Arthur Greenstein of Bradenton, formerly of Fairfield, died Friday, June 20. He was 90.
Greenstein was born Nov. 13, 1923, in Yorkville. N.Y., to Rose (Reich) Greenstein and Benjamin Greenstein. They emigrated from Europe to the U.S. in the 1920's. He was a medic in World War II and hoped to become a dentist after the war, but his father died in 1947 and he ended up running the family business. After his marriage he lived with his wife in Bridgeport and Fairfield. He moved to Boca Raton in the 1980's.
Greenstein is survived by his sister, Sylvia Breiner; sons, Barry (Giovanna) and Mark (Donna); two granddaughters; and many relatives in New York, New Jersey, California, and New Mexico. He was predeceased by his wife, Rhoda; sister, Lillian; and brother, Bob.
Burial will be Friday, June 27 at Loyalty Lodge Cemetery in Fairfield near his wife Rhoda. The service will be at 11:30 a.m. at 172 Burroughs Road in Fairfield.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Police Track Down Suspect After Southport Residents Interrupt Home Burglary
- 3 Fairfield Appoints Committee To Investigate Election Day Mishaps
- 4 Fairfield Man Sentenced 18 Months In Prison For Tax Evasion
- 5 Happy Birthday To Fairfield’s Tina Weymouth