BRADENTON, Fla. - Arthur Greenstein of Bradenton, formerly of Fairfield, died Friday, June 20. He was 90.
Greenstein was born Nov. 13, 1923, in Yorkville. N.Y., to Rose (Reich) Greenstein and Benjamin Greenstein. They emigrated from Europe to the U.S. in the 1920's. He was a medic in World War II and hoped to become a dentist after the war, but his father died in 1947 and he ended up running the family business. After his marriage he lived with his wife in Bridgeport and Fairfield. He moved to Boca Raton in the 1980's.
Greenstein is survived by his sister, Sylvia Breiner; sons, Barry (Giovanna) and Mark (Donna); two granddaughters; and many relatives in New York, New Jersey, California, and New Mexico. He was predeceased by his wife, Rhoda; sister, Lillian; and brother, Bob.
Burial will be Friday, June 27 at Loyalty Lodge Cemetery in Fairfield near his wife Rhoda. The service will be at 11:30 a.m. at 172 Burroughs Road in Fairfield.
- 1 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 2 Fairfield Woman Charged With Stealing Nearly $60 Worth Of Vanilla Extract
- 3 Fairfield's Citrone Makes List Of Forbes Billionaires
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Fairfield
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow In Fairfield