FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Barbara Earnshaw Spence, a longtime resident of Fairfield, died Friday, May 9. She was 92.
Spence served as executive director of the Greenfield Hill Congregational Church for 15 years before leading the human relations department of William Morrow, a major New York publishing firm, until she retired in 1991. She was a member of the Southport Congregational Church and was involved with the Fairfield University Playhouse for many years.
Spence is survived by her children, Kenneth M. Spence of Ridgefield, Christopher E. Spence of New Haven and Hilary B. Spence of Easton, Md.; seven grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
A memorial service is planned for in Connecticut over the coming months.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 3 Man Found Dead In Car At Fairfield Elks Club
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You Lots Of Money