FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Barbara Earnshaw Spence, a longtime resident of Fairfield, died Friday, May 9. She was 92.
Spence served as executive director of the Greenfield Hill Congregational Church for 15 years before leading the human relations department of William Morrow, a major New York publishing firm, until she retired in 1991. She was a member of the Southport Congregational Church and was involved with the Fairfield University Playhouse for many years.
Spence is survived by her children, Kenneth M. Spence of Ridgefield, Christopher E. Spence of New Haven and Hilary B. Spence of Easton, Md.; seven grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
A memorial service is planned for in Connecticut over the coming months.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Gas Line Ruptured, Homes Evacuated On Fairfield Beach Road
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Fairfield Liquor Store Robbed At Gunpoint For Second Time In A Month
- 5 Fairfield Kids Honored For Beach Cleanup In The Community