FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Barbara Earnshaw Spence, a longtime resident of Fairfield, died Friday, May 9. She was 92.
Spence served as executive director of the Greenfield Hill Congregational Church for 15 years before leading the human relations department of William Morrow, a major New York publishing firm, until she retired in 1991. She was a member of the Southport Congregational Church and was involved with the Fairfield University Playhouse for many years.
Spence is survived by her children, Kenneth M. Spence of Ridgefield, Christopher E. Spence of New Haven and Hilary B. Spence of Easton, Md.; seven grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
A memorial service is planned for in Connecticut over the coming months.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 3 Fairfield Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 5 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy