FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Barbara Earnshaw Spence, a longtime resident of Fairfield, died Friday, May 9. She was 92.
Spence served as executive director of the Greenfield Hill Congregational Church for 15 years before leading the human relations department of William Morrow, a major New York publishing firm, until she retired in 1991. She was a member of the Southport Congregational Church and was involved with the Fairfield University Playhouse for many years.
Spence is survived by her children, Kenneth M. Spence of Ridgefield, Christopher E. Spence of New Haven and Hilary B. Spence of Easton, Md.; seven grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
A memorial service is planned for in Connecticut over the coming months.
- 1 Fairfield Business Falls Victim To UI Scam; Police Expecting Similar Crimes
- 2 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 4 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 5 3 Men Plead Guilty To Kidnapping, Jewelry Store Robbery In Fairfield