FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Barbara Earnshaw Spence, a longtime resident of Fairfield, died Friday, May 9. She was 92.
Spence served as executive director of the Greenfield Hill Congregational Church for 15 years before leading the human relations department of William Morrow, a major New York publishing firm, until she retired in 1991. She was a member of the Southport Congregational Church and was involved with the Fairfield University Playhouse for many years.
Spence is survived by her children, Kenneth M. Spence of Ridgefield, Christopher E. Spence of New Haven and Hilary B. Spence of Easton, Md.; seven grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
A memorial service is planned for in Connecticut over the coming months.
- 1 Fairfield Student Reported Missing At Rochester Institute Of Technology
- 2 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Police: Fairfield Student Found With 11 Grams Of Psychedelic Mushrooms
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Police: Fairfield Woman Who Crashed Car Into Garage Was Drunk