FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Barbara (Button) Lee of Fairfield died March 30. She was 81.
Lee was born Feb. 20, 1933, in the Black Rock section of Bridgeport, to Martin and Dorothy Button. She remained active on the Bassick H.S. class reunion committee. She worked at The Carolton Hospital for many years. She was a member of Black Rock Congregational Church, where she was part of the Bell Choir and volunteered for VBS each summer.
Lee is survived by her children, Christopher Lee of Fairfield, Susan Lee Lanzaro (Michael) of Fairfield; two granddaughters; cousin, Harold (Bud) Poplees, of Long Island, N.Y.; sister-in-law, Renee Lee; nieces, nephews; and friends. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, James (Jimmy) R. Lee.
A celebration of her life will be held at 3 p.m. Saturday, April 5 in the First Presbyterian Church, 2475 Easton Turnpike of Fairfield.
- 1 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Girls Hurt In Fairfield Tubing Accident Moved To Yale-New Haven Hospital
- 4 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 5 Car Driven By Woman, 77, Goes Airborne After Airbags Deploy In Fairfield