BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - Cathleen Halmeck of Bridgeport and formerly of Fairfield died May 6. She was 53.
Halmeck was the daughter of Margaret Halmeck Barrett and Lawrence Halmeck. She graduated from Andrew Warde High School and received her associate degree in Liberal Arts from Sacred Heart University and a Bachelor degree in Library Science from Southern Connecticut State University. She was employed by the city of Stamford for 27 years as a librarian at the Turner River Library and most recently at the Ferguson Library. She was a member of the Emmaus group at Holy Family Church.
Halmeck is survived by her mother, Cathy; brothers, William Halmeck (Annette Sandt) of Trumbull and Daniel Halmeck of Fairfield; nieces and nephew; and many relatives and friends. She was predeceased by her father, Lawrence.
Calling hours are Friday, May 9 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Shaughnessey Banks Funeral Home, 50 Reef Road in Fairfield Center.The funeral will be held Saturday, May 10 at 10 a.m. directly at Holy Family Church in Fairfield. Interment will be private.
Memorial contributions may be made in Halmeck's name to the Ferguson Library, Attn.: Donations, One Public Library Plaza, Stamford, CT 06904.
For more information, please visit: http://www.shaughnesseybanks.com
- 1 Police: Chief MacNamara, Baby OK After Three-Car Crash In Fairfield
- 2 Hwang, Fawcett Clash On Same-Sex Marriage At Fairfield Debate
- 3 Power Outages Restored In Fairfield After Storm
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Fairfield Police Charge Norwalk Man With Trashing His Kids' Home