STRATFORD, Conn. - Cathy Mally Carney of Stratford died Friday, July 4. She was 58.
Carney was born in Bridgeport, and was the daughter of Stanley and Hilda Marcic Mally. She raised in Fairfield, graduated from Andrew Warde High School, class of 1973, and was a retired hairdresser operating her own salon.
Carney is survived by her husband, Daniel J. Carney; children, Daniel J. Carney Jr. (Melynda) of Fairfield and Alicia Spencer (William) of Charleston, S.C.; brother, Alfred Mally (Vilma) of Trumbull; a granddaughter; several nieces and nephews; additional family in Europe and Australia. She was predeceased by her parents.
There will be no calling hours. Funeral services will be held Friday, July 11 at 10 a.m. in Holy Cross Church, Fairfield with a Mass of Christian Burial. Interment will follow in Lawncroft Cemetery, Fairfield.
- 1 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 2 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 5 Supporters Gather Across Fairfield County To Hear From Bernie Sanders