FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Christopher A. Burr of Fairfield died Thursday, July 31. He was 45.
Burr was born and raised in the Black Rock section of Bridgeport and was a resident of Fairfield for the last 20 years. He graduated from the University School of Bridgeport in 1986 and attended Norwalk Community College, where he studied computer science. He worked in the Expense Processing Department of Prudential Relocation, formerly of Shelton; followed by his employment with American Signs and Designs, when it was located in Heritage Square.
Burr is survived by his daughter, Nicole Burr, of Fairfield; mother, Virginia Bok Burr, of Fairfield; sister, Erin Grzywacz (Christopher) of Milford; paternal grandmother, Mary Burr, of Indiana; aunts, Kathleen (William) Ernstes and Mildred Burr, all of Indiana, Patricia (Robert) Rosiello, of West Haven; and one niece, two nephews and several cousins. He was predeceased by his father, Walter J Burr Jr.; paternal grandfather, Walter Burr Sr.; and maternal grandparents, Stephen Bok and Virginia Singer Bok.
Calling hours are Monday, Aug. 4, from 4 to 8 p.m. in the Lesko & Polke Funeral Home, 1209 Post Road, Fairfield Center. Services will take place Tuesday, Aug. 5, at 11 a.m. in the funeral home, with the interment to follow in Oak Lawn Cemetery.
Memorial contributions, which will be used to establish an education fund for his daughter, may be made to: Virginia Bok Burr, 108 Overlook Ave., Fairfield, CT 06824.
- 1 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 2 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Girls Hurt In Fairfield Tubing Accident Moved To Yale-New Haven Hospital
- 5 Death Of Man Who Drowned After Bridgeport Bar Fight Is Ruled A Homicide