FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Christopher G. Tors of Southport died Dec. 10. He was 65.
Born in Budapest, Hungary, Tors immigrated to the United States during the Hungarian Revolution in 1956. He was employed in marketing precious metals for major Wall Street firms, including Goldman Sachs, AIG and UBS from the 1970s to the '90s.
Tors then founded and operated Sasqua Group, a financial executive search firm based in Southport. He loved to play classical guitar and built guitars as a hobby. He was married to Linda S. Tors, who survives him.
He also is survived by his mother, Alexandra Alinka Tors, of Bonita Springs, Fla.; three children, Jason (Jae Kim) Tors, of Sugar Hill, N.H., Vera Tors and Maya Tors, both of Southport; a grandson and family in Hungary. He was predeceased by his father, Tibor Tors; and a brother, Peter Tors.
There will be a memorial service at 11 a.m. Friday at Southport Congregational Church. Burial will be private. Spear-Miller Funeral Home is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to UNICEF.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Fairfield's Maisel Family Holds Memorial Service For Missing Son, Max
- 3 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 4 Injured Driver Pulled From Early Morning Wreck In Fairfield
- 5 Police: Fairfield Man Charged With Assaulting Mother's Boyfriend, 66