FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Colette K. Ostrowski of Fairfield, passed away on September 2, 2014 at Saint Vincent's Hospital in Bridgeport. She was 64.
Ostrowski was a graduate of the University of Bridgeport class of 1972 where she majored in History. She worked as a personnel systems coordinator at Blue Cross and Blue Shield from 1972 to 1977.
Her volunteer work included: teaching church school at First Church Congregational of Fairfield, the Environmental Awareness Program for the Audubon Society, Mill River Wetland Study Group guide, and a role in the Roger Sherman School PTA. From 1992 to 1995 she worked as a paraprofessional at Riverfield School until she pursued a career as a serials specialist at Sacred Heart and Fairfield Universities from 1995 to 2013.
Ostrowski is survived by her husband, Theodore P. Ostrowski; and children, Sara and Alexander.
Calling hours are Friday, Sept. 5 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Spear-Miller Funeral Home in Fairfield. Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 6 at First Church Congregational in Fairfield with interment to follow at Oaklawn Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Columbia University Lung transplant program. Checks made out to Trustees of Columbia University with a memo "Lung Transplant Program."
Dr. Arcasoy, 622 West 168th St., PH114, Suite 104, New York, NY 10032.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 3 Fairfield Gas Station Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Help ID'ing Suspect
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 5 United Illuminating Repairs Power Outages In Fairfield After Storm