FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Colette K. Ostrowski of Fairfield, passed away on September 2, 2014 at Saint Vincent's Hospital in Bridgeport. She was 64.
Ostrowski was a graduate of the University of Bridgeport class of 1972 where she majored in History. She worked as a personnel systems coordinator at Blue Cross and Blue Shield from 1972 to 1977.
Her volunteer work included: teaching church school at First Church Congregational of Fairfield, the Environmental Awareness Program for the Audubon Society, Mill River Wetland Study Group guide, and a role in the Roger Sherman School PTA. From 1992 to 1995 she worked as a paraprofessional at Riverfield School until she pursued a career as a serials specialist at Sacred Heart and Fairfield Universities from 1995 to 2013.
Ostrowski is survived by her husband, Theodore P. Ostrowski; and children, Sara and Alexander.
Calling hours are Friday, Sept. 5 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Spear-Miller Funeral Home in Fairfield. Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 6 at First Church Congregational in Fairfield with interment to follow at Oaklawn Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Columbia University Lung transplant program. Checks made out to Trustees of Columbia University with a memo "Lung Transplant Program."
Dr. Arcasoy, 622 West 168th St., PH114, Suite 104, New York, NY 10032.
- 1 Fairfield Business Falls Victim To UI Scam; Police Expecting Similar Crimes
- 2 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 4 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 5 3 Men Plead Guilty To Kidnapping, Jewelry Store Robbery In Fairfield