FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Colin P. Rooney of Fairfield, formerly of Redding, died Wednesday, Jan. 22. He was 54.
Rooney was born in Rockville Centre, N.Y., the son of Henry and Dorothy Rooney. He had been a Fairfield resident for the last five years.
A graduate of Marist College, he was a retired securities trader, having worked in Westport, Wilton, New York and London. He coached baseball for many years in the Redding Boys & Girls Club's athletic program.
Rooney is survived by his children, Rian Rooney of Brooklyn, N.Y., Tim Rooney, Liam Rooney and Gretchen Rooney, all of Redding; former wife, Margaret Rooney of Redding; brother, Kevin Rooney of South Bend, Ind.; sister, Patrice Basso of Naperville, Ill.; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Friday, Jan. 24, from 4 to 8 p.m. in the Spear-Miller Funeral Home, 39 S. Benson Road, Fairfield. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Saturday, Jan. 25, at 10 a.m. at Sacred Heart Church, 30 Church St., Redding. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Operation Hope, 636 Old Post Road, Fairfield, CT.
For more information, please visit: http://www.SpearMillerFuneralHome.com
- 1 Fairfield Police: Burglars Took Jewelry From Round Hill Road Home
- 2 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 3 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 4 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 5 Fairfield Appoints Committee To Investigate Election Day Mishaps