FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Colin P. Rooney of Fairfield, formerly of Redding, died Wednesday, Jan. 22. He was 54.
Rooney was born in Rockville Centre, N.Y., the son of Henry and Dorothy Rooney. He had been a Fairfield resident for the last five years.
A graduate of Marist College, he was a retired securities trader, having worked in Westport, Wilton, New York and London. He coached baseball for many years in the Redding Boys & Girls Club's athletic program.
Rooney is survived by his children, Rian Rooney of Brooklyn, N.Y., Tim Rooney, Liam Rooney and Gretchen Rooney, all of Redding; former wife, Margaret Rooney of Redding; brother, Kevin Rooney of South Bend, Ind.; sister, Patrice Basso of Naperville, Ill.; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Friday, Jan. 24, from 4 to 8 p.m. in the Spear-Miller Funeral Home, 39 S. Benson Road, Fairfield. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Saturday, Jan. 25, at 10 a.m. at Sacred Heart Church, 30 Church St., Redding. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Operation Hope, 636 Old Post Road, Fairfield, CT.
For more information, please visit: http://www.SpearMillerFuneralHome.com
- 1 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Girls Hurt In Fairfield Tubing Accident Moved To Yale-New Haven Hospital
- 4 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 5 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods