FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Doris B. Garrity of Fairfield died Sunday, Aug. 24. She was 88.
Garrity was born in Kingston, N.Y., to Walter and Mayme Bator. She had been a Fairfield resident for 66 years. She was a volunteer at Fairfield University; most recently at the Regina Quick Center. She also volunteered at the Westport Country Playhouse. She served on the Altar Guild at St. Thomas Church and was also a volunteer at the school.
Garrity is survived by her children, Sharon Scully (Kevin) of Mashpee, Mass., Sean Garrity (Christina) of Fairfield, Mary Gumpper (Buddy) of Fairfield, Michael Garrity (Carole) of Westport and Deirdre Halper (Jon) of Westport; 10 grandchildren; a great-grandchild; and sisters-in-law, Anne Garrity of Stratford and Tink Garrity of Scituate, Mass. She was predeceased by her parents.
There are no calling hours. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Wednesday, Aug. 27 at 11 a.m. meeting directly at St. Anthony of Padua Church, 149 South Pine Creek Road, Fairfield. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Swim Across the Sound, 2800 Main St., Bridgeport, CT 06606.
For more information, please visit: http://www.spearfuneralhome.com/
- 1 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 2 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Fairfield
- 3 Man Gets 14 Years In Prison For Fairfield Jewelry Store Robbery, Kidnapping
- 4 Fairfield Native Takes Star Turn In 'Little Shop Of Horrors'
- 5 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist