FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Doris B. Garrity of Fairfield died Sunday, Aug. 24. She was 88.
Garrity was born in Kingston, N.Y., to Walter and Mayme Bator. She had been a Fairfield resident for 66 years. She was a volunteer at Fairfield University; most recently at the Regina Quick Center. She also volunteered at the Westport Country Playhouse. She served on the Altar Guild at St. Thomas Church and was also a volunteer at the school.
Garrity is survived by her children, Sharon Scully (Kevin) of Mashpee, Mass., Sean Garrity (Christina) of Fairfield, Mary Gumpper (Buddy) of Fairfield, Michael Garrity (Carole) of Westport and Deirdre Halper (Jon) of Westport; 10 grandchildren; a great-grandchild; and sisters-in-law, Anne Garrity of Stratford and Tink Garrity of Scituate, Mass. She was predeceased by her parents.
There are no calling hours. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Wednesday, Aug. 27 at 11 a.m. meeting directly at St. Anthony of Padua Church, 149 South Pine Creek Road, Fairfield. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Swim Across the Sound, 2800 Main St., Bridgeport, CT 06606.
For more information, please visit: http://www.spearfuneralhome.com/
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Tree Worker Injured After More Than 40-Foot Fall In Fairfield
- 3 Waterbury Woman Killed By Train In Fairfield Identified
- 4 Injured Driver Pulled From Early Morning Wreck In Fairfield
- 5 Police: Fairfield Man Charged With Assaulting Mother's Boyfriend, 66