FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Dorothy Harriet Hassman of Fairfield died Monday, Aug. 26. She was 90.
Hassman was born in Bridgeport, daughter of David and Sadie Harris. Together with her husband she founded and ran Paradise Jewelers. She was a member of O.R.T. America.
Hassman is survived by her children, Edward Hassman (Barbara) of Bridgeport, Shelley Kadish (Jeff) of Trumbull; two grandchildren; and brother, Irving Harris (Marsha) of Florida. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Isidore (Irving) Hassman.
Services will take place Thursday, Aug. 29 at 11 a.m. from The Abraham L. Green and Son Funeral Home 88 Beach Road in Fairfield, with interment to follow at Loyalty Cemetery on Burroughs Road. Shiva will be observed at the home of Shelley and Jeff Kadish in Trumbull Thursday, Aug. 29 and Friday, Aug. 30 morning and Saturday, Aug. 31 evening.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Injured Driver Pulled From Early Morning Wreck In Fairfield
- 3 Tree Worker Injured After More Than 40-Foot Fall In Fairfield
- 4 Police: Fairfield Man Charged With Assaulting Mother's Boyfriend, 66
- 5 Waterbury Woman Killed By Train In Fairfield Identified