FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Dorothy Harriet Hassman of Fairfield died Monday, Aug. 26. She was 90.
Hassman was born in Bridgeport, daughter of David and Sadie Harris. Together with her husband she founded and ran Paradise Jewelers. She was a member of O.R.T. America.
Hassman is survived by her children, Edward Hassman (Barbara) of Bridgeport, Shelley Kadish (Jeff) of Trumbull; two grandchildren; and brother, Irving Harris (Marsha) of Florida. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Isidore (Irving) Hassman.
Services will take place Thursday, Aug. 29 at 11 a.m. from The Abraham L. Green and Son Funeral Home 88 Beach Road in Fairfield, with interment to follow at Loyalty Cemetery on Burroughs Road. Shiva will be observed at the home of Shelley and Jeff Kadish in Trumbull Thursday, Aug. 29 and Friday, Aug. 30 morning and Saturday, Aug. 31 evening.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Police Track Down Suspect After Southport Residents Interrupt Home Burglary
- 3 Fairfield Appoints Committee To Investigate Election Day Mishaps
- 4 Fairfield Man Sentenced 18 Months In Prison For Tax Evasion
- 5 Happy Birthday To Fairfield’s Tina Weymouth