FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Dorothy Kiel Iassogna of Fairfield died Thursday, April 24. She was 91.
Iassogna was born and raised in Huron, S.D., and moved to Bridgeport in 1945 before settling in Fairfield. She was a member of the U.S. Marine Corps and served during World War II. After the war, she worked at Trim Fashions in Stratford.
Iassogna is survived by her children, Sherry Desabella (Joseph) of Fairfield and Bernard Iassogna (Odete) of Bridgeport; 11 grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; brother-in-law, Ronald Vitale of Trumbull; sisters-in-law, Mary Iassogna of Bridgeport and Eleanor Iassogna of Milford; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, Bernard; and parents, Jacob and Harriet Deihlef Kiel.
Funeral services will take place Monday, April 28, at 12:15 p.m. in the Lesko & Polke Funeral Home, 1209 Post Road, in Fairfield Center and 1 p.m. at St. Emery's Church, Fairfield. Her burial will immediately follow at St. Michael's Cemetery, Stratford.
For more information, please visit: http://www.LeskoPolkeFuneralHome.com
- 1 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Fairfield Man Arrested After Strangling Girlfriend While She Was Driving
- 4 Fairfield's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Fairfield Must Prepare