FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Dorothy Kiel Iassogna of Fairfield died Thursday, April 24. She was 91.
Iassogna was born and raised in Huron, S.D., and moved to Bridgeport in 1945 before settling in Fairfield. She was a member of the U.S. Marine Corps and served during World War II. After the war, she worked at Trim Fashions in Stratford.
Iassogna is survived by her children, Sherry Desabella (Joseph) of Fairfield and Bernard Iassogna (Odete) of Bridgeport; 11 grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; brother-in-law, Ronald Vitale of Trumbull; sisters-in-law, Mary Iassogna of Bridgeport and Eleanor Iassogna of Milford; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, Bernard; and parents, Jacob and Harriet Deihlef Kiel.
Funeral services will take place Monday, April 28, at 12:15 p.m. in the Lesko & Polke Funeral Home, 1209 Post Road, in Fairfield Center and 1 p.m. at St. Emery's Church, Fairfield. Her burial will immediately follow at St. Michael's Cemetery, Stratford.
For more information, please visit: http://www.LeskoPolkeFuneralHome.com
- 1 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 2 Fairfield Woman Charged With Stealing Nearly $60 Worth Of Vanilla Extract
- 3 Fairfield's Citrone Makes List Of Forbes Billionaires
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Fairfield
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow In Fairfield