FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Charalambos "Harris" D. Souvlis, MD, a retired OB-GYN, of Fairfield died March 29. He was 92.
Dr. Souvlis was born and raised in Chalkis, Evia, Greece, he received his medical doctorate from the University of Athens. He spent six years in New York City after coming to the United States in 1954, moving to Bridgeport before settling in Fairfield with his family in 1970.
He was the first to be accepted into the Connecticut Obstetricians and Gynecologists Society with an earned Doctorate from a University overseas. He held privileges for Park City Hospital, St. Vincent's Medical Center, and Bridgeport Hospital.
Dr. Souvlis is survived by his wife, Elli; and sons, James Souvlis of Athens, Greece and John Souvlis.
Calling hours are Tuesday, April 1 from 4 to 7 p.m. in the Lesko & Polke Funeral Home, 1209 Post Road, in Fairfield Center with Trisagion services at 6 p.m.. Friends are invited to go directly to Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, 4070 Park Ave., Bridgeport Wednesday, April 2 at 11 a.m. where the Rite of Burial will be officiated by Father Andreas Vithoulkas Presbyter, interment immediately following in Oak Lawn Cemetery, Fairfield.
- 1 Police: Chief MacNamara, Baby OK After Three-Car Crash In Fairfield
- 2 Nor'easter To Impact Fairfield On Wednesday
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Fairfield Skies On Sunday
- 4 Fairfield Police Chief MacNamara Injured After Squad Car Is Rear-Ended
- 5 Fairfield Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday