FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Charalambos "Harris" D. Souvlis, MD, a retired OB-GYN, of Fairfield died March 29. He was 92.
Dr. Souvlis was born and raised in Chalkis, Evia, Greece, he received his medical doctorate from the University of Athens. He spent six years in New York City after coming to the United States in 1954, moving to Bridgeport before settling in Fairfield with his family in 1970.
He was the first to be accepted into the Connecticut Obstetricians and Gynecologists Society with an earned Doctorate from a University overseas. He held privileges for Park City Hospital, St. Vincent's Medical Center, and Bridgeport Hospital.
Dr. Souvlis is survived by his wife, Elli; and sons, James Souvlis of Athens, Greece and John Souvlis.
Calling hours are Tuesday, April 1 from 4 to 7 p.m. in the Lesko & Polke Funeral Home, 1209 Post Road, in Fairfield Center with Trisagion services at 6 p.m.. Friends are invited to go directly to Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, 4070 Park Ave., Bridgeport Wednesday, April 2 at 11 a.m. where the Rite of Burial will be officiated by Father Andreas Vithoulkas Presbyter, interment immediately following in Oak Lawn Cemetery, Fairfield.
- 1 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Big Crowds Turn Out For Fairfield's Memorial Day Parade
- 5 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield