FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Dr. George David Schare, "Doc" of Fairfield died April 29. He was 71.
Dr. Schare was born in Brooklyn, to Miriam and Emanual Schare. He was a graduate of Brooklyn College and The Medical College of Virginia. He was one of the first pediatricians of Pediatric Healthcare Associates. He was a physician and resident of Fairfield for more than 45 years. He was married to Nancy Train-Schare.
Dr. Schare is survived by his sons, Robert W. Schare (Susan) of Upton, Mass., Jeffrey M. Schare of Fairfield; stepchildren, Robyn Train, Mark Train, Colette Train, Pamela Train Krasta, and Nicole Tiffany; four grandchildren; 18 step grandchildren; and 14 step great grandchildren. He was predeceased by his brother, Lawrence Schare; and first wife, Eve Nanette Felsenthal Schare.
Funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, May 12 at The Abraham L. Green and Son Funeral Home, 88 Beach Road, Fairfield CT.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Eve F. Schare Scholarship through the Fairfield High School Scholarship Foundation, 755 Melville Ave., Fairfield, CT or to the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation of America.
- 1 Police Track Down Suspect After Southport Residents Interrupt Home Burglary
- 2 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 3 Snow Threatens Fairfield County On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 4 Happy Birthday To Fairfield’s Tina Weymouth
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm