FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Dr. James C. Spencer Jr. of Fairfield died Friday, May 2. He was 59.
Spencer was born Feb. 15, 1955, in Wethersfield, to Lt. Col. James C. Spencer Sr. and Margaret M. Johnson. He was a graduate of Wethersfield High School and Assumption College, where he received his bachelor's of science in biology.
He graduated from Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara and New York Medical College and completed a residency in internal medicine at St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport. He started his private practice in 1986. He finished his career as a medical consultant at American Transit Insurance Co. in New York City.
Spencer is survived by his son, James (Amber); four granddaughters; brother, David Spencer; sisters, Mary Lou Hoffman (Andrew), Betsy Neidel (William), and Susan Meltzer (Steven); and several nieces and nephews.
Calling hours are Thursday, May 8, from 4 to 7 p.m. at Rose Hill Funeral Home on 580 Elm St. in Rocky Hill. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Friday, May 9, at 10 a.m. at The Church of Incarnation on 544 Prospect St. in Wethersfield.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Purple Heart Foundation.
- 1 Fairfield Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow Accumulation In New Storm
- 2 Former Fairfield University Contract Employee Charged In Campus Assault
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow In Fairfield
- 4 Fairfield Police Rescue Troubled Woman From Busy Intersection
- 5 Fairfield Homeowners Lose More Than $20K In Jewelry In Burglary