FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Dr. James C. Spencer Jr. of Fairfield died Friday, May 2. He was 59.
Spencer was born Feb. 15, 1955, in Wethersfield, to Lt. Col. James C. Spencer Sr. and Margaret M. Johnson. He was a graduate of Wethersfield High School and Assumption College, where he received his bachelor's of science in biology.
He graduated from Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara and New York Medical College and completed a residency in internal medicine at St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport. He started his private practice in 1986. He finished his career as a medical consultant at American Transit Insurance Co. in New York City.
Spencer is survived by his son, James (Amber); four granddaughters; brother, David Spencer; sisters, Mary Lou Hoffman (Andrew), Betsy Neidel (William), and Susan Meltzer (Steven); and several nieces and nephews.
Calling hours are Thursday, May 8, from 4 to 7 p.m. at Rose Hill Funeral Home on 580 Elm St. in Rocky Hill. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Friday, May 9, at 10 a.m. at The Church of Incarnation on 544 Prospect St. in Wethersfield.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Purple Heart Foundation.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Fairfield Skies On Sunday
- 2 Bridgeport House Painter Charged In Burglary Of Fairfield Home
- 3 Fairfield Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 4 Nor'easter To Impact Fairfield On Wednesday
- 5 Fairfield Police Chief MacNamara Injured After Squad Car Is Rear-Ended