FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Dr. Ramzi Frangul of Fairfield died June 29. He was 84.
Dr. Frangul came to the United States as a young man and earned his master's degree from Loyola University and his doctorate from New York University. He previously resided in New York and New Jersey before moving to Connecticut and settling in Fairfield. He was among the founding chairmen of the Department of Economics and Finance at Sacred Heart and spent more than 30 years as a member of the faculty there.
Dr. Farangul is survived by his son, Nadhim "Nazz" Frangul; brother, Subhi Frangoul; and a large extended family. He was predeceased by his wife, Nancy Potts-Frangul; brother, Tahseen; and sister, Aliza.
A graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, July 3 at Mountain Grove Cemetery, 2675 North Ave. in Bridgeport with V. Rev. Fr. Noury officiating. The funeral procession will meet just inside the main gate located at the corner of North Avenue and Dewey Street at 10:45 a.m.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to a charity of your choice .
For more information, please visit: http://www.shaughnesseybanks.com
- 1 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 2 Fairfield Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Fairfield Man, 25, Charged With Shoving, Spitting On Parents
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Fairfield
- 5 Fairfield Woman Charged With Stealing Nearly $60 Worth Of Vanilla Extract