FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Edith M. Faux of Fairfield died Saturday, May 31. She was 92.
Faux was born in Bridgeport, the daughter of Harry and Lillian Drake. She had been a lifelong Fairfield resident. She was a member of the Southport Women's Club.
Faux is survived by her daughter, Nancy A. Harper and her fiancé Dan Reade of Westport; four granddaughters; three great-grandsons; former son-in-law, Mark Harper of Weston; and a niece. She was predeceased by her husband, Harry N. Faux.
Calling hours are Tuesday, June 3, from 5 to 7 p.m. A service will be held Wednesday, June 4, at 11 a.m. in the Spear-Miller Funeral Home, 39 S. Benson Road, Fairfield, with the Rev. Judith Rhodes officiating. Interment will follow in Lawncroft Cemetery, Fairfield.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Fairfield Police Benevolent Association, 100 Reef Road, Fairfield, CT 06824 or to the Soldiers, Sailors and Marine Fund, 864 Wethersfield Ave., Hartford, CT 06824.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Former Fairfield University Basketball Player ID'd In Fatal Shooting
- 3 Fairfield Bear Cub Is Adjusting To New Home In The Wild
- 4 Fairfield Police Assist In Tracking Down Shoplifting Suspects In Westport
- 5 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run