MILFORD, Conn. - Edward J. Rashan of Milford, formerly of Fairfield, died Sunday, July 20. He was 87.
Rashan was born and raised in Bridgeport, the son of Stephen and Meri Horvath Rashan. He lived most of his life in Fairfield before moving 20 years ago to Milford. He was a World War II veteran, serving in the U.S. Army. He had worked for the Bryant Electric Co of Bridgeport for over 35 years until his retirement.
Rashan is survived by his wife, Mary Jane; son, Edward Rashan (Teresa) of Milford; sister, Olga Lesko of Pennsylvania; friend, Catherine Rodrigues; brothers-in-law, Joseph Scordo (Joyce) and Bill Charney; sisters-in-law, Phyllis Ripley and Lavinia Scordo; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; daughter, Lori Ann Rashan; brothers, Joseph, Otto, Frank, Albert, Anthony and Stephen; sisters, Veronica Rashan, Martha Hencsei and Josephine Velky; and sister-in-law, Sue Charney.
Services were held privately in the care of the Lesko & Polke Funeral Home.
Memorial contributions may be made to the CT Hospice, 100 Double Beach Road, Branford, CT 06405.
- 1 Christmas Eve Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Fairfield Man Arrested On DUI, Narcotics Charges After Running Red Light
- 5 Two Bridgeport Men Plead Guilty To Robbery Spree In Fairfield