FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Edward Kotrady of Fairfield died Tuesday, May 27. He was 87.
Kotrady was born in Bridgeport, to John and Anna (Leson) Kotrady. He was a graduate of Harding High School. A World War II U.S. Army veteran, he entered the service in 1944 and was stationed in the Pacific Theater with the Americal Division Co. D, 132nd Infantry as a mortar crewman. He was a lifelong member of Holy Ghost Russian Orthodox Church. He was also a member of the East End Alumni Association, the Catholic War Veterans, Port Five Naval Veterans, VFW Post 9427, American Division Veterans Association and the Disabled American Veterans Chapter 19 where he had been a life member since 1946.
Kotrady is survived by his sister, Florence Willette; and nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Mildred (Nemesky) Kotrady; sisters, Ethel Jankura, Olga Middleton and Dorothy Lucarelle; and brothers, John Kotrady and Joseph Kotrady.
Calling hours are Friday, May 30 from 4 to 8 p.m. The funeral service will be held at 9 a.m. Saturday, May 31 at the Pistey Funeral Home, 2155 Main St., Stratford and at 10 a.m. at Holy Ghost Russian Orthodox Church with Very Rev. Stephen Belonick officiating. Interment with military honors at Oaklawn Cemetery, Fairfield. Panikhida at 6 p.m.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Charged With Stealing Nearly $60 Worth Of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Fairfield's Citrone Makes List Of Forbes Billionaires
- 3 Fairfield Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow Accumulation In New Storm
- 4 Former Fairfield University Contract Employee Charged In Campus Assault
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow In Fairfield