FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Edward S. Malasics of Fairfield died Friday, Feb. 7. He was 78.
Malasics was born in Bridgeport; son of Joseph and Veronica Malasics. He had been a lifelong Fairfield resident. He was a graduate of Roger Ludlowe High School and a U.S. Army veteran. He worked for Tower-Olschan before retiring from General Electric Supply.
Malasics is survived by his children, Kelly Malasics of Milford, Sharon Troutman (Lynn) of Middletown, Michael Malasics of Fairfield and Susan Balog (Bob) of Shelton; a grandson; sisters, Anne Krattenmaker of Fairfield, Sister Maryann Malasics of East Haven; brother, John H. (Jean Dwyer) of Louisville, Ky.; several nieces, nephews; cousins; and friends. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Margaret (Dwyer) Malasics; brothers, Joseph, Stephen, John and Louis; and sister, Veronica (Malasics) Champagne.
A memorial service will be held at a date to be announced.
In lieu of flowers memorial contributions may be made to the USO, PO Box 96322, Washington, DC 20090-6322.
- 1 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Judge Orders Sex Assault Trial For Ex-Fairfield Teacher
- 5 Big Crowds Turn Out For Fairfield's Memorial Day Parade