SOUTHPORT, Conn. - Edwin J. Webb of Southport and Naples, Fla., died Tuesday, May 27. He was 82.
Webb was born in Greenwich, and was the son of Herbert and Agnes Webb. He attended St. Catherine of Siena Grammar School and graduated from Fairfield Prep in 1949 and attended the University of Connecticut. He lived in Ridgefield for many years; Southbury and recently Naples and Southport. He was a licensed real estate broker for most of his life and also worked in logistics for the Eagle Pencil Co. He served in the U.S. Air Force stationed in Turkey and Egypt. In his retirement he worked at the Fairfield Beach Club.
Webb is survived by his wife, Edith (Bunny) Fitzpatrick O'Dwyer Webb; son, Edwin J. Webb Jr. of Foxboro, Mass.; a grandson; stepson, Michael J. O'Dwyer; sister, Peggy Webb of Woodbury; brother, Herbert Webb (Jeannette) of Mattapoisett, Mass..; and two nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; and former wife, Kathleen F. Webb.
There will be no calling hours. A Memorial Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday May 31 in St. Thomas Aquinas Church, Fairfield. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Our Lady of The Mississippi Abbey, 8400 Abbey Hill Road, Dubuque, IA.52003 or the Fairfield Prep Alumni Association 1073 North Benson Rd. Fairfield, Ct. 06824.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 3 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Fairfield Man Arrested On DUI, Narcotics Charges After Running Red Light