FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Elizabeth Kealey Bartovic, a former Fairfield resident, died Nov. 12 at St. Vincent Medical Center. She was 83.
Born in Bridgeport, she was the daughter of John Matthew and Veronica Kealey. She was married to Joseph Bartovic Sr., who survives her. The matriarch of her family, Bartovic took pleasure in camping, going to tag sales with her husband and collecting antiques.
She also enjoyed many trips to Florida and Puerto Rico and the occasional trip to the casino. She was most recently a resident of Shelton, Conn.
Bartovic is survived by three children, Joseph (Bethanne) Bartovic Jr., of Wallingford, Conn., Gregory (Martha) Bartovic, of West Haven, Conn., and Jane (Michael) Daniels, of Shelton.; six brothers, William (Bobbi), of St. Petersburg, Fla., George, of Utah, Robert (Marjory), of Trumbull, Dennis (Cathy McComber), of Fairfield, and James and Joseph Kealey, both of Stratford, Conn.; a sister, Arlene Gawron, of Trumbull; nine grandchildren, eight great-grandchildren and a great-great-grandson.
She was predeceased by a son, Lawrence Bartovic; and two brothers, Thomas and John Kealey.
Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Shaughnessey Banks Funeral Home in Fairfield Center. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at Holy Family Church in Fairfield. Burial will follow at Lawncroft Cemetery in Fairfield.
- 1 Fairfield Business Falls Victim To UI Scam; Police Expecting Similar Crimes
- 2 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 4 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 5 3 Men Plead Guilty To Kidnapping, Jewelry Store Robbery In Fairfield