FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Elizabeth Archambault Burden of Fairfield died Sept. 23 at St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport. She was 89.
Burden was born in West Haven, Conn. and was a Fairfield area resident for most of her life. An avid bowler, billiards player and artist, she also did gymnastics at Germania Hall. Burden was a member of the Lake Hill Association and Fairfield Senior Center.
She was married to Bertran Burden, who predeceased her. Burden enjoyed vacationing with her family every year at Lake Champlain and going to tag sales.
She is survived by three children, Bert (Janice) Burden, of Orange, Conn., Bill (Kathleen) Burden, of Shelton, Conn., and Betty (George) Sinko, of Trumbull; seven grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Larson Funeral Home in Bridgeport. Burial will follow at Lawncroft Cemetery in Fairfield. Calling hours are from 9 a.m. until the time of the service.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to a favorite charity.
- 1 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Girls Hurt In Fairfield Tubing Accident Moved To Yale-New Haven Hospital
- 4 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 5 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods