FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Elizabeth Archambault Burden of Fairfield died Sept. 23 at St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport. She was 89.
Burden was born in West Haven, Conn. and was a Fairfield area resident for most of her life. An avid bowler, billiards player and artist, she also did gymnastics at Germania Hall. Burden was a member of the Lake Hill Association and Fairfield Senior Center.
She was married to Bertran Burden, who predeceased her. Burden enjoyed vacationing with her family every year at Lake Champlain and going to tag sales.
She is survived by three children, Bert (Janice) Burden, of Orange, Conn., Bill (Kathleen) Burden, of Shelton, Conn., and Betty (George) Sinko, of Trumbull; seven grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Larson Funeral Home in Bridgeport. Burial will follow at Lawncroft Cemetery in Fairfield. Calling hours are from 9 a.m. until the time of the service.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to a favorite charity.
- 1 Police: Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Fairfield Man Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 3 Woman Killed By Amtrak Train In Milford
- 4 Police: No Suspects In Bomb Threat Made At Seagrape, Inn At Fairfield Beach
- 5 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire