FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Elizabeth Archambault Burden of Fairfield died Sept. 23 at St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport. She was 89.
Burden was born in West Haven, Conn. and was a Fairfield area resident for most of her life. An avid bowler, billiards player and artist, she also did gymnastics at Germania Hall. Burden was a member of the Lake Hill Association and Fairfield Senior Center.
She was married to Bertran Burden, who predeceased her. Burden enjoyed vacationing with her family every year at Lake Champlain and going to tag sales.
She is survived by three children, Bert (Janice) Burden, of Orange, Conn., Bill (Kathleen) Burden, of Shelton, Conn., and Betty (George) Sinko, of Trumbull; seven grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Larson Funeral Home in Bridgeport. Burial will follow at Lawncroft Cemetery in Fairfield. Calling hours are from 9 a.m. until the time of the service.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to a favorite charity.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 3 Fairfield Gas Station Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Help ID'ing Suspect
- 4 Police Investigate Possible Armed Robbery At Fairfield Ice Cream Shop
- 5 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Fairfield