WENHAM, Mass. - Elizabeth "Betty" Jane Smith of Wenham, formerly of Fairfield, Conn., Nov. 30. She was 78.
Smith grew up in Rochester, N.Y., where she graduated from Our Lady of Mercy High School and then St. Mary's Hospital Nursing School with a degree in nursing. She was a surgical nurse, a pediatric nurse and then became a public health nurse in New York. She moved to Fairfield after her marriage. She was a volunteer with children at schools and church and also developed and led interactive activity sessions with senior citizens.
Smith is survived by her husband, Alan; children, Linda Smith of Wenham, Paul Smith (Valerie) of Lee, N.H., and Monica Pessina (Craig) of West Newbury; and four grandchildren.
Family services are private.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Elizabeth Smith Nursing Scholarship Fund, TD Bank, 55 Dodge St., Beverly, MA 01915.
- 1 Fairfield Police: Burglars Took Jewelry From Round Hill Road Home
- 2 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 3 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 4 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 5 Fairfield Appoints Committee To Investigate Election Day Mishaps