WENHAM, Mass. - Elizabeth "Betty" Jane Smith of Wenham, formerly of Fairfield, Conn., Nov. 30. She was 78.
Smith grew up in Rochester, N.Y., where she graduated from Our Lady of Mercy High School and then St. Mary's Hospital Nursing School with a degree in nursing. She was a surgical nurse, a pediatric nurse and then became a public health nurse in New York. She moved to Fairfield after her marriage. She was a volunteer with children at schools and church and also developed and led interactive activity sessions with senior citizens.
Smith is survived by her husband, Alan; children, Linda Smith of Wenham, Paul Smith (Valerie) of Lee, N.H., and Monica Pessina (Craig) of West Newbury; and four grandchildren.
Family services are private.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Elizabeth Smith Nursing Scholarship Fund, TD Bank, 55 Dodge St., Beverly, MA 01915.
- 1 Police: Chief MacNamara, Baby OK After Three-Car Crash In Fairfield
- 2 Nor'easter To Impact Fairfield On Wednesday
- 3 Fairfield Police Chief MacNamara Injured After Squad Car Is Rear-Ended
- 4 Hwang, Fawcett Clash On Same-Sex Marriage At Fairfield Debate
- 5 Power Outages Restored In Fairfield After Storm