FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Emery F. Wach, Jr. of Fairfield died Jan. 3. He was 74.
Wach was born June 1, 1939, in Bridgeport; son of Emery F. and Mary Niedzwiedz Wach. He was a lifelong resident of Fairfield. He graduated from Roger Ludlowe High School, Fairfield in 1956. He attended the University of Connecticut. He graduated from Otterbein College in Westerville, Ohio in 1960, where he was a member of Pi Kappa Phi fraternity. He worked 39 years as an instrumentation engineer for Sikorsky Aircraft in Stratford until his retirement in 1999.
Wach is survived by his wife, Angela; daughter, Deborah Mahoney (Dermott) of Fairfield; son, Brian Wach of Shelton; brother-in-law, Richard Renzulli of Fairfield; and several cousins. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Jan. 8 from 9 to 10 a.m. in the Larson Funeral Home, 2496 North Ave., Bridgeport. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 8 at Our Lady of Assumption Church, 525 Stratfield Road, Fairfield. Interment will follow in Lawncroft Cemetery, Fairfield.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Wach's memory may be made to the Alzheimer's Association CT Chapter, 2075 Silas Deane Highway, Rocky Hill, CT 06067 or to Our Lady of Assumption Church, 525 Stratfield Rd, Fairfield, CT 06825.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Gas Line Ruptured, Homes Evacuated On Fairfield Beach Road
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Fairfield Liquor Store Robbed At Gunpoint For Second Time In A Month
- 5 Sandy Hook Students Safe After Evacuation Due To Bomb Threat