FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Esther L. Mario of Fairfield died Oct. 10. She was 98.
Mario was born Sept. 12, 1915. She was a retired member of the U.S. Department of State, Foreign Affairs Division. During her service, she was assigned to U.S. Embassy in France, Germany, Vietnam and Canada. After retiring, she served as secretary for the Catholic Women's Guild at Our Lady of Assumption Church in Fairfield. She was also a member of the Rosary Society.
Mario is survived by her sister, Toska Mario; nieces, Laurie Lynn Mario Canevali (Ralph) of Maryland., Sheila Mario Ackley and Donna Mario Bailey (Lou) both of Trumbull; nephews, Louis James Mario of Trumbull, John Mario of Alaska and Arthur Mario (Diana) of N.J. She was predeceased by her brothers, James and Arthur Mario; and sister, Ida Miller.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Monday, Oct. 14 at Our Lady of the Assumption Church, 545 Stratfield Road, Fairfield. A private family interment will be held in St. Michael's Cemetery.
- 1 Fairfield Business Falls Victim To UI Scam; Police Expecting Similar Crimes
- 2 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 4 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 5 3 Men Plead Guilty To Kidnapping, Jewelry Store Robbery In Fairfield