FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Frances Ida Falsetti Boros of Fairfield died Jan.10. She was 89.
Born March 31, 1923, in Johnstown, Pa., Boros was a Fairfield resident for most of her life. She worked for Remington-Rand Co. for many years until her retirement.
An avid bowler, Boros was most recently a part of the Grandpa and Grandma's League, bowling into her 80s. She also belonged to American Legion Post 143 in Fairfield and volunteered at West Haven Veterans Hospital for more than 30 years.
Her husband, Andrew Boros, predeceased her.
Boros is survived by a sister, Lucille Buonincontra, of Derby, Conn.; a brother, Bert Falsetti, of Shelton, Conn.; and many nieces and nephews.
Lesko and Polke Funeral Home in Fairfield Center is handling arrangements. Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m., Monday, at the funeral home, and at 11 a.m. at Holy Family Church in Fairfield. Burial will follow at St. Michael's Cemetery in Stratford, Conn.
Visitation is from 9:30 a.m., Monday until the time of services at the funeral home.
Memorial contributions may be made to the American Legion.
- 1 Police Charge Fairfield Man With Interfering With Officer, DUI After Crash
- 2 Fairfield Business Falls Victim To UI Scam; Police Expecting Similar Crimes
- 3 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 4 Fairfield Couple Opens Up New Cheese Shop In Greenwich
- 5 3 Men Plead Guilty To Kidnapping, Jewelry Store Robbery In Fairfield