FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Francisco 'Panchi' Lopez of Fairfield died Wednesday, June 6. He was 57.
Lopez was born Nov. 28, 1956, in Trinidad, Cuba, the son of Francisco Juan Lopez and Ilida Gonzalez Lopez. He came to the United States and had been a Fairfield town resident for over 40 years. He received his engineering degree from Pratt Institute. An entrepreneur, he went on to found and operate the Metro Lace Co. for over 30 years.
Lopez is survived by his wife, Lynn; children, Chloe Marie Lopez and Julian Francisco Lopez; mother, Ilida Lopez; sister, Ileana Lopez Caran (Raul); nieces; a grand-nephew; many cousins; and friend, Richard Rodriguez. He was predeceased by his grandmother, Ana America Cortez; father, Francisco Juan Lopez; cousin, Franco A. Daly; father-in-law; Joseph Socha; and brother-in-law, Alan Socha.
Funeral services will be held Monday, June 9, at 10 a.m. in the Lesko & Polke Funeral Home, 1209 Post Road., Fairfield Center with burial to follow at Mount Grove Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to the American Heart Association.
- 1 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Fairfield Man Arrested After Strangling Girlfriend While She Was Driving
- 4 Fairfield's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Fairfield Must Prepare