FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Frank J. Zadravecz, Jr. of Fairfield died Friday, Feb. 21. He was 86.
Zadravecz was born in Bridgeport and was a lifelong Fairfield resident. He was a U.S. Army veteran during World War II. He began his career with Clark Metal Products. He then became a police officer with the Fairfield Police Dept. where he retired after 30 years.
Zadravecz is survived by his daughters, Roseann (Paul) Carberry of Lady Lake, Fla., Frances (Robert) Vitti of Greenwich and Katherine (Joseph) Gall of Shelton; three grandchildren; and numerous nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his wife, Regina A. Zadravecz; brothers, Joseph and James Zadravecz.
Calling hours are Tuesday, Feb. 25 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Shaughnessey Banks Funeral Home, 50 Reef Road, in Fairfield Center. Funeral Service will be held at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26 leaving the funeral home for a Mass of Christian Burial to be celebrated at 10 a.m. at St. Thomas Aquinas Church. Interment to follow in St. Michael's Cemetery with full Military Honors.
Donations may be made in Zadravecz’s memory to the American Heart Association, P.O. Box 417005, Boston, MA 02241-7005 or Adopt a Dog, 23 Cox Ave., Armonk, NY 10504.
For more information, please visit: http://www.shaughnesseybanks.com
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 3 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 4 Snow Flurries, Hail Fall In Fairfield; Patchy Frost Likely Overnight
- 5 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report