FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Geraldine "Geri" Occhipinda of Fairfield died Friday, May 23. She was 93.
Occhipinda was born April 11, 1921, in Meriden, to Gennaro and Nicolina Studioso. She was a longtime resident of Bridgeport and Stratford. She was employed by Town Fair Bakery for many years.
Occhipinda is survived by her daughters, Lena Somers (Robert) and Rita Laychak (Richard); and seven grandchildren, seven great-grandchildren and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, John; six siblings; and a great-grandchild, JJ.
Calling hours are Tuesday, May 27, from 4 to 8 p.m. at Spadaccino & Leo P. Gallagher & Son Funeral Home, 315 Monroe Turnpike, Monroe. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, May 28, at St. Jude Church, 707 Monroe Turnpike, Monroe. Interment will follow at St. Michaels Cemetery, Bridgeport.
For more information, visit www.spadaccinofuneralhome.com
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Dies Of Injuries
- 3 Mill Plain Road Railroad Overpass In Fairfield Closed, Hit By Truck
- 4 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 5 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy