FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Geraldine "Geri" Occhipinda of Fairfield died Friday, May 23. She was 93.
Occhipinda was born April 11, 1921, in Meriden, to Gennaro and Nicolina Studioso. She was a longtime resident of Bridgeport and Stratford. She was employed by Town Fair Bakery for many years.
Occhipinda is survived by her daughters, Lena Somers (Robert) and Rita Laychak (Richard); and seven grandchildren, seven great-grandchildren and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, John; six siblings; and a great-grandchild, JJ.
Calling hours are Tuesday, May 27, from 4 to 8 p.m. at Spadaccino & Leo P. Gallagher & Son Funeral Home, 315 Monroe Turnpike, Monroe. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, May 28, at St. Jude Church, 707 Monroe Turnpike, Monroe. Interment will follow at St. Michaels Cemetery, Bridgeport.
For more information, visit www.spadaccinofuneralhome.com
- 1 Police Track Down Suspect After Southport Residents Interrupt Home Burglary
- 2 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 3 Happy Birthday To Fairfield’s Tina Weymouth
- 4 Snow Threatens Fairfield County On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm