FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Hazel W. Aldrich, 91, of Shelton, formerly of Fairfield, died on Wednesday, Aug. 27.
Mrs. Aldrich was born in Lunenburg, Vt., the daughter of the late Oscar and Elizabeth Willson. She had been a Fairfield resident for over 40 years prior to moving to Shelton three years ago. She was the wife of the late Alden G. Aldrich.
She was a graduate of Lyndon State College in Vermont. Following the death of her husband, Mrs. Aldrich worked at G. Fox in Trumbull. She was a dedicated and longtime active member of Fairfield Grace United Methodist Church.
Survivors include three children, David A. Aldrich of Wilder, Vt., Edith Rodgers and her husband Joseph of North Kingsville, Ohio and Dan Aldrich and his wife Joyce of Shelton; 9 grandchildren, 14 great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by a brother, Melvin Willson and two sisters, Ruth Baldasarro and Phyllis Willson.
A memorial service will be held Saturday, Aug. 30, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. at Fairfield Grace United Methodist Church, Fairfield. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers memorial contributions may be made to Vitas Hospice, 99 Hawley Lane, Suite 1204, Stratford, CT 06614 or to Fairfield Grace United Methodist Church, 1089 Fairfield Woods Road, Fairfield, CT 06825. Spear Miller is in charge of arrangements.
- 1 Fairfield Student Reported Missing At Rochester Institute Of Technology
- 2 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Police: Fairfield Student Found With 11 Grams Of Psychedelic Mushrooms
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Police: Fairfield Woman Who Crashed Car Into Garage Was Drunk