FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Helen Nanake Pegnidopoulos of Fairfield died Aug. 31. She was 84.
Pegnidopoulos was born Aug. 15, 1929, in Kavala Greece, daughter of George and Sotiria Kazana Nanake. She came to America in 1953.
Pegnidopoulos is survived by her husband, Haralambos (Bobby) Pegnidopoulos; son, Angelo of the Huntington area of Shelton; sister, Anastasia Andriotis (Demetrios) of Trumbull; nieces and nephews; and several nieces and nephews in Greece. She was predeceased by her parents; and sister, Cleopatra.
Calling hours are Tuesday, Sept. 3 from 4 to 8 p.m. in the Commerce Hill Funeral Home, 4798 Main St., Bridgeport with Trisagion services at 6 p.m. Friends are invited to go directly to Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, 4070 Park Ave., Bridgeport Wednesday, Sept. 4 at 10 a.m. where the Rite of Burial will be officiated by Father Andreas Vithoulkas Presbyter. Interment immediately following in Long Hill Burial Grounds, Trumbull.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 3 Man Found Dead In Car At Fairfield Elks Club
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You Lots Of Money