SOUTHPORT, Conn. - Helen Starbuck Jones Moore of Southport died May 1. She was 92.
Moore was born Sept. 13, 1921, in Yonkers, N.Y., the daughter of Frederick Irving Starbuck and Harriet Greenwood Snelling Starbuck. She grew up in Scarsdale, N.Y., and graduated from Colby Junior College in New London, N.H., Class of 1942. She had been a member in the Nature Conservancy and the Connecticut Audubon Society. She was also a member of the Fairfield Beach Club and the Pequot Yacht Club.
Moore is survived by her daughter, Tina Comfort Jones of Littleton, Colo. She was predeceased by her husbands Dr. Robcliff V. Jones Jr. and Roy W. Moore, Jr.; companion, George G.D. Rockwell, and daughter, Kathryn Starbuck (Star) Jones.
A memorial service in her honor will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, June 6, at the Greenfield Hill Congregational Church, 1045 Old Academy Road, Fairfield.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Nature Conservancy, 4245 N. Fairfax Drive Arlington, VA, 22203, the Greenfield Hill Congregational Church or the Connecticut Audubon Society, 314 Unquowa Road, Fairfield, CT 06824.
- 1 Fairfield Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Fairfield Mother Jailed In Case Of Missing 14-Year-Old Son From Norwalk
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bridgeport Woman Charged In Fight With Roommate In Fairfield
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Fairfield With Snow, Ice Arriving