PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. - Herald L. "Harry" Spisak of Port Charlotte, formerly of Fairfield, died Sunday, Feb. 16. He was 90.
Spisak was born Aug. 25, 1923, in Bridgeport, to Louis and Elizabeth Spisak. Herald. He was a U.S. Navy veteran of World War II and the retired owner and operator of a private sanitation company. He moved from his longtime home of Fairfield, to Port Charlotte in 2005. He was a member of the Loyal Order of Moose and the V.F.W. in Port Charlotte and Fairfield. He was a charter member of the B.P.O. Elk's Lodge No. 2220, and served as an exalted ruler and was also Elk of the Year during his membership.
Spisak is survived by his son, Stephen H. Spisak of Port Charlotte; daughters, Theresa L. Rainville of Port Charlotte and Linda (Joseph) Matthews, Jr. of Stratford; seven grandchildren; seven great grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Theresa "Mitzi" Spisak; a brother; and three sisters.
Calling hours are Sunday, March 30 from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Shaughnessey Banks Funeral Home, 50 Reef Road in Fairfield Center. Interment with military honors will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, March 31 directly in St. Thomas Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made in Spisak's name to Tidewell Hospice, Philanthropy Department, 5595 Rand Blvd., Sarasota, FL 34238 or to the charity of one’s choice.
- 1 Fairfield Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Fairfield, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Bridgeport Woman Charged In Fight With Roommate In Fairfield