FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Imre Olah of Fairfield died Tuesday, June 10. He was 80.
Olah was born and raised in Hungary, to Laszlo and Erzsbet Brandisz Olah. He came to the United States in 1956, first settling in Bridgeport before moving to Fairfield 49 years ago. He was a landscaper and machinist. He retired from Avco Lycoming.
Olah is survived by his wife, Eva; children, Dr. Eva Olah and Imre Olah, both of Fairfield; sisters, Erzsebet Hermann and Maria Sumeg, both of Hungary, and Juliana Egervari of Southbury; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; and sister, Piroska Vargha.
A celebration of Olah's life with a remembrance service will be held Saturday, June 21, at 1 p.m. in the United Church of Christ, 2200 North Ave., Bridgeport. A private interment took place this week in Lawncroft Cemetery.
For more information, visit www.leskopolkefuneralhome.com/
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Fairfield Skies On Sunday
- 2 Bridgeport House Painter Charged In Burglary Of Fairfield Home
- 3 Renovations At Fairfield Ludlowe Will Cost More Than Expected
- 4 Fairfield Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 5 Fairfield Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend