FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Imre Olah of Fairfield died Tuesday, June 10. He was 80.
Olah was born and raised in Hungary, to Laszlo and Erzsbet Brandisz Olah. He came to the United States in 1956, first settling in Bridgeport before moving to Fairfield 49 years ago. He was a landscaper and machinist. He retired from Avco Lycoming.
Olah is survived by his wife, Eva; children, Dr. Eva Olah and Imre Olah, both of Fairfield; sisters, Erzsebet Hermann and Maria Sumeg, both of Hungary, and Juliana Egervari of Southbury; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; and sister, Piroska Vargha.
A celebration of Olah's life with a remembrance service will be held Saturday, June 21, at 1 p.m. in the United Church of Christ, 2200 North Ave., Bridgeport. A private interment took place this week in Lawncroft Cemetery.
For more information, visit www.leskopolkefuneralhome.com/
- 1 Fairfield Student Reported Missing At Rochester Institute Of Technology
- 2 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Police: Fairfield Woman Who Crashed Car Into Garage Was Drunk
- 4 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 5 Report Says 10 Arrests Were Made At Fairfield Schools In 2013