FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Irene F. Hartman, 93, wife of the late Raymond R. Hartman, died Tuesday, Aug. 26, at Bridgeport Hospital.
She was a lifelong resident of Fairfield. Mrs. Hartman was employed by the Town of Fairfield for 16 years prior to her retirement. In her younger days she enjoyed horseback riding and was a longtime Avon representative.
She is survived by her daughter, Eileen R. Hartman and her husband Steuart Snider of Austin, Texas; a nephew and niece. She was also predeceased by her sisters, Elizabeth Hudson and Mary Turk.
Funeral services will take place on Saturday at 11:00 a.m. in the Fairfield Funeral Home of Edmund W. Dougiello, 36 South Pine Creek Road, followed by interment in St. Thomas Cemetery in Fairfield. Friends may call on Saturday morning from 10 to 11 am.
Contributions may be made in Irene's memory to St. Ann Roman Catholic Church, 481 Brewster Street, Bridgeport, CT, 06605.
- 1 Fairfield Police: Burglars Took Jewelry From Round Hill Road Home
- 2 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 3 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 4 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 5 Police Track Down Suspect After Southport Residents Interrupt Home Burglary