SHELTON, Conn. - Isabel Ziobro Bishop of Shelton, and formerly of Southport, died Sunday, April 20. She was 91.
Bishop was the daughter of Ferdinand and Frances Ziobro, and was a lifelong area resident. She was a U.S. Navy Veteran, serving during World War II in the WAVES unit. She was a bookkeeper for many years at Zamary's market in Southport.
Bishop is survived by her children, Frederick Bishop of Fairfield and Thea Osseiran (Ed Picard) of Westport; a grandson; brother, Raymond Ziobro of Southport; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Stephen Bishop; a brother; and four sisters.
Calling hours are prior to the service from 9 a.m. until time of departure. Funeral services are Thursday, April 24, leaving the Shaughnessey Banks Funeral Home, 50 Reef Road in Fairfield Center at 10:30 a.m. for a Mass of Christian Burial to be celebrated at 11 a.m. at St. Luke Church in Westport. Interment with military honors will follow in Oak Lawn Cemetery.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 3 Man Found Dead In Car At Fairfield Elks Club
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You Lots Of Money