SHELTON, Conn. - Isabel Ziobro Bishop of Shelton, and formerly of Southport, died Sunday, April 20. She was 91.
Bishop was the daughter of Ferdinand and Frances Ziobro, and was a lifelong area resident. She was a U.S. Navy Veteran, serving during World War II in the WAVES unit. She was a bookkeeper for many years at Zamary's market in Southport.
Bishop is survived by her children, Frederick Bishop of Fairfield and Thea Osseiran (Ed Picard) of Westport; a grandson; brother, Raymond Ziobro of Southport; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Stephen Bishop; a brother; and four sisters.
Calling hours are prior to the service from 9 a.m. until time of departure. Funeral services are Thursday, April 24, leaving the Shaughnessey Banks Funeral Home, 50 Reef Road in Fairfield Center at 10:30 a.m. for a Mass of Christian Burial to be celebrated at 11 a.m. at St. Luke Church in Westport. Interment with military honors will follow in Oak Lawn Cemetery.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 3 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 4 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 5 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI