FAIRFIELD, Conn. - James J. Mead of Fairfield died Monday, April 21. He was 89.
Mead was born in Coney Island, N.Y. He was a resident of Fairfield for the past four years, previously living in Westbury, N.Y., for nearly 50 years. He was a U.S. Army veteran serving during World War II from 1943 to 1946. He graduated from the City College of New York with a degree in Business Administration. He worked for Linemaster Switch Corporation of Woodstock for 37 years.
Mead is survived by his wife, Anne V. Kelly Mead; by his daughters, Judy Mead (Enrique) Lasansky of Tucson, Ariz., Gail Mead (John) Kiremidjian of Fairfield, Lorraine Mead (William) Daly of Garden City, N.Y., Jackie Steed (Michael) of Fairfield, and Kara Mead (Jose) Walewski of Fairfield; 12 grandchildren; and two great granddaughters.
Calling hours are Wednesday, April 23 from 5 to 8 p.m. in the Spear Miller Funeral Home, 39 South Benson Road, Fairfield. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, April 24 at St. Thomas Aquinas Church with interment to follow in Calvary Cemetery, Queens.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Mead's memory to the Alzheimer's Association, 2075 Silas Deane Highway, Suite 100, Rocky Hill, CT 06067.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 3 Fairfield Gas Station Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Help ID'ing Suspect
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Fairfield
- 5 United Illuminating Repairs Power Outages In Fairfield After Storm