FAIRFIELD, Conn. - James Christopher "Pooh Bear" Shay of Fairfield died Saturday, April 5. He was 54.
Shay was born in Bridgeport in 1960, and was a lifelong Fairfield resident. He was a graduate of Andrew Warde High School, class of 1979. He worked in his family business H. K. Shay Construction for many years.
Shay is survived by his mother, Barbara McQuillan Shay of Fairfield; brothers, Kevin Shay (Leslie) and Herbert "Chip" Shay; sisters, Deborah (Robert "Duke") Sherwood of Fairfield and Cindy Kozlowski and companion, Thomas Stockell of Stratford; neices and nephews; and a great niece and nephew. He was predeceased by his father, Herbert "Skip" Shay; and sister, Kimberly Shay.
Calling hours are Wednesday, April 9 from 4 to 8 p.m. in the Spear-Miller Funeral Home, 39 South Benson Road, Fairfield, Ct. 06824. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, April 10 meeting directly at St. Pius X Church, Fairfield, with interment to follow in Oaklawn Cemetery.
Donations in Shay's memory may be made to the Connecticut Humane Society, 455 Post Rd., Westport, CT 06880. (203) 227-4137.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 3 Fairfield Gas Station Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Help ID'ing Suspect
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Fairfield
- 5 United Illuminating Repairs Power Outages In Fairfield After Storm