FAIRFIELD, Conn. - James Christopher "Pooh Bear" Shay of Fairfield died Saturday, April 5. He was 54.
Shay was born in Bridgeport in 1960, and was a lifelong Fairfield resident. He was a graduate of Andrew Warde High School, class of 1979. He worked in his family business H. K. Shay Construction for many years.
Shay is survived by his mother, Barbara McQuillan Shay of Fairfield; brothers, Kevin Shay (Leslie) and Herbert "Chip" Shay; sisters, Deborah (Robert "Duke") Sherwood of Fairfield and Cindy Kozlowski and companion, Thomas Stockell of Stratford; neices and nephews; and a great niece and nephew. He was predeceased by his father, Herbert "Skip" Shay; and sister, Kimberly Shay.
Calling hours are Wednesday, April 9 from 4 to 8 p.m. in the Spear-Miller Funeral Home, 39 South Benson Road, Fairfield, Ct. 06824. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, April 10 meeting directly at St. Pius X Church, Fairfield, with interment to follow in Oaklawn Cemetery.
Donations in Shay's memory may be made to the Connecticut Humane Society, 455 Post Rd., Westport, CT 06880. (203) 227-4137.
- 1 Fairfield Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Fairfield, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Fairfield; Blizzard Warning Issued