FAIRFIELD, Conn. - James Varga of Fairfield died Saturday, Feb. 15. He was 80.
Varga was born Jan. 26, 1934, in Budapest, Hungary. He moved to the United States in 1956, where he worked as a machine operator at Handy & Harman for 35 years.
Varga is survived by his wife, Maria; daughters, Nancy Szirtes (Gabor) of Bridgeport and Anna Sudar (Steve) of Naugatuck; three grandchildren; sister, Anna Nagy of Hungary; sister-in-law, Maria Magocsi; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his brother, Jeno Magocsi; and grandson, David Bauer.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 21, from 4 to 8 p.m. in the Lesko & Polke Funeral Home, 1209 Post Road, Fairfield Center. Services will be held Saturday, Feb. 22, at 9:15 a.m. in the funeral home and at 10 a.m. at St. Emery Church, 838 Kings Highway, Fairfield. Burial will follow at Lawncroft Cemetery, Fairfield.
- 1 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Girls Hurt In Fairfield Tubing Accident Moved To Yale-New Haven Hospital
- 4 Car Driven By Woman, 77, Goes Airborne After Airbags Deploy In Fairfield
- 5 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods