FAIRFIELD, Conn. - James Varga of Fairfield died Saturday, Feb. 15. He was 80.
Varga was born Jan. 26, 1934, in Budapest, Hungary. He moved to the United States in 1956, where he worked as a machine operator at Handy & Harman for 35 years.
Varga is survived by his wife, Maria; daughters, Nancy Szirtes (Gabor) of Bridgeport and Anna Sudar (Steve) of Naugatuck; three grandchildren; sister, Anna Nagy of Hungary; sister-in-law, Maria Magocsi; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his brother, Jeno Magocsi; and grandson, David Bauer.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 21, from 4 to 8 p.m. in the Lesko & Polke Funeral Home, 1209 Post Road, Fairfield Center. Services will be held Saturday, Feb. 22, at 9:15 a.m. in the funeral home and at 10 a.m. at St. Emery Church, 838 Kings Highway, Fairfield. Burial will follow at Lawncroft Cemetery, Fairfield.
- 1 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 2 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Fairfield
- 3 Man Gets 14 Years In Prison For Fairfield Jewelry Store Robbery, Kidnapping
- 4 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 5 Body Found In Lake Ontario Identified As Fairfield's Max Maisel