FAIRFIELD, Conn. - James Varga of Fairfield died Saturday, Feb. 15. He was 80.
Varga was born Jan. 26, 1934, in Budapest, Hungary. He moved to the United States in 1956, where he worked as a machine operator at Handy & Harman for 35 years.
Varga is survived by his wife, Maria; daughters, Nancy Szirtes (Gabor) of Bridgeport and Anna Sudar (Steve) of Naugatuck; three grandchildren; sister, Anna Nagy of Hungary; sister-in-law, Maria Magocsi; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his brother, Jeno Magocsi; and grandson, David Bauer.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 21, from 4 to 8 p.m. in the Lesko & Polke Funeral Home, 1209 Post Road, Fairfield Center. Services will be held Saturday, Feb. 22, at 9:15 a.m. in the funeral home and at 10 a.m. at St. Emery Church, 838 Kings Highway, Fairfield. Burial will follow at Lawncroft Cemetery, Fairfield.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 5 Wet Weather Returning To Fairfield