FAIRFIELD, Conn. - James Varga of Fairfield died Saturday, Feb. 15. He was 80.
Varga was born Jan. 26, 1934, in Budapest, Hungary. He moved to the United States in 1956, where he worked as a machine operator at Handy & Harman for 35 years.
Varga is survived by his wife, Maria; daughters, Nancy Szirtes (Gabor) of Bridgeport and Anna Sudar (Steve) of Naugatuck; three grandchildren; sister, Anna Nagy of Hungary; sister-in-law, Maria Magocsi; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his brother, Jeno Magocsi; and grandson, David Bauer.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 21, from 4 to 8 p.m. in the Lesko & Polke Funeral Home, 1209 Post Road, Fairfield Center. Services will be held Saturday, Feb. 22, at 9:15 a.m. in the funeral home and at 10 a.m. at St. Emery Church, 838 Kings Highway, Fairfield. Burial will follow at Lawncroft Cemetery, Fairfield.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Gas Line Ruptured, Homes Evacuated On Fairfield Beach Road
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Fairfield Liquor Store Robbed At Gunpoint For Second Time In A Month
- 5 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400