FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Jeanne McCoubrey Foote of Southport died Nov. 17 at her home. She was 89.
Foote was born in Cambridge, Mass., to Charles and Marie McCoubrey. She graduated from Mount Ida College in Newton, Mass. She was married to Howard Whittier Foote, who predeceased her in 1970.
She was a member of numerous civic and social organizations and was an integral part of Tres Bon, a gift boutique in Greenfield Hill in Fairfield for many years. Foote was an active member of the Junior League, Fairfield Garden Club, Operation Hope and Pequot Library.
She was a member of the Country Club of Fairfield and previously the Pequot Yacht Club and Fairfield County Hunt Club.
Foote is survived by two sons, Whittier Foote, of Vermont, and Nathaniel “Nat” (Susan) Foote, of Fairfield; a daughter, Deborah (Zohrab) Kouzoukian, of Fairfield; and five grandchildren. Foote was predeceased by a brother, Robert McCoubrey.
A memorial celebration will be held at noon Saturday, Dec. 15, at the Country Club of Fairfield. Shaughnessey Banks Funeral Home in Fairfield is handling arrangements.
Memorial donations may be made to Pequot Library, 720 Pequot Ave., Southport, CT 06890.
- 1 Police: Chief MacNamara, Baby OK After Three-Car Crash In Fairfield
- 2 Hwang, Fawcett Clash On Same-Sex Marriage At Fairfield Debate
- 3 Power Outages Restored In Fairfield After Storm
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Fairfield Police Charge Norwalk Man With Trashing His Kids' Home