FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Jeanne McCoubrey Foote of Southport died Nov. 17 at her home. She was 89.
Foote was born in Cambridge, Mass., to Charles and Marie McCoubrey. She graduated from Mount Ida College in Newton, Mass. She was married to Howard Whittier Foote, who predeceased her in 1970.
She was a member of numerous civic and social organizations and was an integral part of Tres Bon, a gift boutique in Greenfield Hill in Fairfield for many years. Foote was an active member of the Junior League, Fairfield Garden Club, Operation Hope and Pequot Library.
She was a member of the Country Club of Fairfield and previously the Pequot Yacht Club and Fairfield County Hunt Club.
Foote is survived by two sons, Whittier Foote, of Vermont, and Nathaniel “Nat” (Susan) Foote, of Fairfield; a daughter, Deborah (Zohrab) Kouzoukian, of Fairfield; and five grandchildren. Foote was predeceased by a brother, Robert McCoubrey.
A memorial celebration will be held at noon Saturday, Dec. 15, at the Country Club of Fairfield. Shaughnessey Banks Funeral Home in Fairfield is handling arrangements.
Memorial donations may be made to Pequot Library, 720 Pequot Ave., Southport, CT 06890.
- 1 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 2 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 5 Supporters Gather Across Fairfield County To Hear From Bernie Sanders