FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Jennie (Jean) S. Misencik Bruk of Fairfield died Monday, July 21. She was 91.
Bruk was born in Bridgeport, to Stephen and Susan Dzurilla Misencik and was a graduate of St. John Nepomucene Commercial School. She was a bookkeeper for Watsons Department Store for many years.
Bruk is survived by her nieces and nephews; and many grandnieces and grandnephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Albert Bruk; brothers, George, Stephen, John and Joseph Misencik; and sister, Dorothy Rimkus.
Calling hours are Thursday, July 24 from 9 a.m. until time of services at the Pistey Funeral Home, 2155 Main St., Stratford. Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, July 24 in St. James Church, Stratford. Interment will follow in Oaklawn Cemetery, Fairfield.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Bruk's memory to either, Care of Our Father's House, St. James Church, 2110 Main St., Stratford, Ct 06615 or The Jewish Home for the Elderly, 175 Jefferson St., Fairfield, Ct 06825.
- 1 Fairfield Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Fairfield, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Fairfield; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Fairfield With Snow, Ice Arriving