FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Jennie (Jean) S. Misencik Bruk of Fairfield died Monday, July 21. She was 91.
Bruk was born in Bridgeport, to Stephen and Susan Dzurilla Misencik and was a graduate of St. John Nepomucene Commercial School. She was a bookkeeper for Watsons Department Store for many years.
Bruk is survived by her nieces and nephews; and many grandnieces and grandnephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Albert Bruk; brothers, George, Stephen, John and Joseph Misencik; and sister, Dorothy Rimkus.
Calling hours are Thursday, July 24 from 9 a.m. until time of services at the Pistey Funeral Home, 2155 Main St., Stratford. Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, July 24 in St. James Church, Stratford. Interment will follow in Oaklawn Cemetery, Fairfield.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Bruk's memory to either, Care of Our Father's House, St. James Church, 2110 Main St., Stratford, Ct 06615 or The Jewish Home for the Elderly, 175 Jefferson St., Fairfield, Ct 06825.
- 1 Police Charge Fairfield Man With Interfering With Officer, DUI After Crash
- 2 Fairfield Business Falls Victim To UI Scam; Police Expecting Similar Crimes
- 3 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 4 Roof Of Fairfield Diner Catching Keys Tops Week’s News
- 5 Fairfield Couple Opens Up New Cheese Shop In Greenwich