FAIRFIELD, Conn. - JoAnne J. LaBella of Fairfield died June 9. She was 71.
LaBella was born Nov. 26, 1942, in Trenton, N.J., to John and Anne Jingoli. She was a graduate of Rider University, where she earned her bachelor's in education while working directly for the president of the university and two deans.
After her marriage, she owned and operated with her husband several small business in Fairfield, including the appropriately named Jo-Jo's Newsstand, and was also a longtime office manager of the Greens Farms Congregational Church.
LaBella is survived by her husband, Patrick A. LaBella Sr.; sons, Patrick A. (Nicole) LaBella Jr., Christopher (Sara) LaBella, Michael (Suzanne) LaBella and Peter (Erin) LaBella; daughter, Andrea LaBella (Jerry) Capuano; brother, John (Catherine) Jingoli; sisters, Jiny (George) Breza and Carol (Dave) Farrely; grandchildren; nieces, nephews; sisters-in-law; friends and colleagues; and family friend, Jeanne Purdy.
Calling hours are Thursday, June 12, from 4 to 8 p.m. in the Spear-Miller Funeral Home, 39 S Benson Road, Fairfield. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Friday, June 13, meeting directly at Our Lady of Assumption Church, Stratfield Road.
In lieu of followers, donations may be made in LaBella's memory to the CT Challenge.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 3 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Fairfield Man Arrested On DUI, Narcotics Charges After Running Red Light